O–Rings selection is based on chemical compatibility, service temperature, sealing pressure, lubrication requirements and working atmosphere. O-rings can form a static or dynamic seal. A static seal is where the O-ring does not move and is used simply for containing pressure or maintaining a vacuum. Dynamic seals can be reciprocating (like a piston and cylinder), or rotating (shaft rotating in a housing). Axial squeeze and radial squeeze are two methods for applying an O-ring.
We are a professional silicone production factory and supply fast delivery. We have a professional technical team that can provide a variety of silicone rubber O-rings. Provide free samples for customer testing and trial. Can be customized products with different hardness and different colors.
Silicones resist moisture, chemicals, heat, cold, ozone, and ultraviolet (UV) radiation. They’re also stable, flexible, long-lasting, and aesthetically-pleasing. The advantages of silicone rubber include:
• Good thermal stability and low chemical reactivity.
• Excellent resistance to ozone, sunlight, and oxygen.
• Consistent properties at high and low temperatures.
• Repels water, resists moisture, and forms watertight seals.
• Good electrical insulation and excellent gas permeability.
• Come in a range of durometers and custom colors.
• Available in special grades and with filler materials.
Sealing with Silicone: Solid, Sponge, and Foam Rubber
There are three basic types of silicone gasket materials: solid, sponge, and foam.
• Solid silicone gaskets have a tightly-packed molecular structure. They aren’t always “soft”, but they can have a lower durometer (hardness) than sponge silicone. Lower-durometer solid profiles provide strong environmental sealing with low closure force. Higher durometers require greater closure force.
• Sponge silicone gaskets have a cellular structure that offers cushioning and padding. There are two basic types of sponge silicones: open-cell and closed-cell. Open-cell silicones contain interconnected pockets that allow water, air, and chemicals to pass unless the gasket is compressed. Closed-cell silicones have pockets that are filled with nitrogen to prevent these substances from passing at low pressures.
So you can choose it according to your request,or tell us your special request,we will supply what you want.